Yesterday was our Ekka day which of course means no school. Here is a run down of my day in dot points…
- Cleaned up toddler poop from living room floor
- Wiped up toddler wee from the bathroom floor
- Yelled A MILLION TIMES to JUST BE NICE!!!!!
- Got told I made the day suck (because I wouldn’t let the boys go to the neighbours)
- Broke up stick fights
- Banned the boys from starting fires (for which I was called lame)
- Washed up for the BAJILLIONTH time
- Did the washing
- Did the folding
- Helped tidy the boys room
- Supervised tidying of the toy room (which was a DRAG!)
- Drove eldest son into town for training (and got asked why it took SO long)
- Spent the car trip home yelling STOP HITTING YOUR BROTHER
- Hand stitched two scissor cuts in a school shirt (thanks kid!)
Lordy, lordy, lordy. It was a DAY!
Thankfully some relief came with dinner. They were all super happy with toasties (that they made themselves) Thank God and they went to bed quickly with no mucking around-small mercies!
Oh and Fox decided he can also shout SHUT UP MAMA! Parenting win right there…
I went to bed feeling rather crap. Then Michael snored the night through-I tried to imagine it was a cat purring then remembered I am not a cat fan and most certainly wouldn’t have one on my bed…ugh!
Then this morning I woke up to this…
Some days are diamonds I guess and others are well, shite. I guess the ups and downs make it worthwhile (crickey Mary it can be hard to remember that!).